|Mount Saint Michael Academy|
4300 Murdock Avenue
|Motto||Ad Astra Per Aspera|
(To the Stars Through Difficulties)
|Religious affiliation(s)||Roman Catholic (Marist Brothers)|
|President||Peter P. Corritori, Jr.|
|Principal||Br. Steve Schlitte, FMS|
|Color(s)||Blue and gold|
|Athletics conference||Catholic High School Athletic Association|
|Accreditation||Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools|
|Tuition||$6,150 (Grades 6–8)[a]|
$9,300 (Grades 9–12)[b]
Mount Saint Michael Academy is an all-boys' Roman Catholic high school in the Wakefield neighborhood of the New York City borough of the Bronx. The school's campus also borders the city of Mount Vernon in neighboring Westchester County and is administered by the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of New York.
Commerce and economics
- Rocco B. Commisso – founder, chairman and CEO of Mediacom
- George Ranalli – architect
- Donald T. Valentine (1950) – venture capitalist, Sequoia Capital; "Grandfather of Silicon Valley venture capital"
Fine arts and entertainment
- Lillo Brancato – actor, known for A Bronx Tale, Renaissance Man
- Sean Combs – rapper; music producer
- Paul Grassi – reality television personality
- Walter Murphy – pianist; composer
- Ronnie Ortiz-Magro – reality television star, Jersey Shore
- Leon Robinson – actor; singer, known for Waiting to Exhale, Cool Runnings, Above the Rim
- Andre Royo – actor, known for the television series The Wire
- Art Donovan – professional football player
- Richie Guerin (1950) – Naismith Hall of Famer; NBA basketball player; coach
- Bill O'Connor – professional football player
- Marcus Patterson – professional basketball player
- Bill Polian – ESPN analyst; former Indianapolis Colts general manager and president
- Vince Promuto – professional football player
- Caraun Reid (2009) – defensive tackle for the Washington Redskins
- James Rowson - baseball player and coach
- Philip Foglia – prosecutor; Italian American civic rights activist
- Joaquín "Jack" García – federal criminal investigator
- Anthony Principi – former U.S. Secretary of Veterans Affairs
- Kevin Riley - member of the New York City Council
- "Staff - Mount Saint Michael Academy". mtstmichael.org. Retrieved January 5, 2020.
- "School Profile". mtstmichael.org. Retrieved January 5, 2020.
- "Member List: Mount Saint Michael Academy", Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Elementary and Secondary Schools. Retrieved May 4, 2015.
- Doherty, Gerald (2001). "The Mount St. Michael Story". Mount Saint Michael Academy. Retrieved March 12, 2021.
- Dwyer, Jim (February 1, 2001). "He's Old News At His Old School". New York Daily News. Retrieved May 18, 2012.
- "Mount All Years Reunion is a Blast From the Past". Mount St. Michael Academy Newsletter. Vol. 1, no. 3. Mount St. Michael Academy. Retrieved January 5, 2020.
Paul Grassi '96, hasn't been back to the Mount since his graduation in June 1996 – 15 years.
- "Mount Saint Michael Academy Alumni Pro Stats". Pro-Football-Reference.
- "2005 NYC Voter Guide: 13th City Council District Philip F. Foglia". New York City Campaign Finance Board. 2005. Archived from the original on May 4, 2020. Retrieved May 4, 2020.